The Diversity Community of Practice (DCoP) is a grassroots community of faculty and staff from collegiate and administrative units across the Twin Cities campus that meets monthly. Its purpose is to develop and leverage personal, professional, and technical expertise, effectively creating innovative strategies that ensure successful implementation of equity and diversity goals at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
The goals of the DCoP are to:
- Educate, collaborate, support, and assess
- Connect specific college equity and diversity strategies to the UM strategic plan
- Change the status quo
- Share resources and collaborate
- Increase awareness of collegiate diversity goals, events, etc.
- Support one another as members innovate and take risks
- Utilize outcomes-based assessment to make decisions and determine success